Time to Shine
Are you a voluntary, community or social enterprise (VCSE) organisation working in Northern Ireland? If so, you might be eligible to host a Time to Shine intern. Time to Shine is an internship programme that gives dedicated, enthusiastic people the chance to work with VCSE organisations making a real difference in their communities. The placements are for a full time internship lasting 12 months and all placements are fully funded.
Time to Shine gives people of all ages and from all walks of life the opportunity to work for a year in a VCSE organisation. Since 2010, 120 charities and 225 interns have taken part in the programme – that’s 120 charities who have benefited from the extra support their intern can give, and 225 interns who have learnt new skills, made new connections, and got stuck in making effective change in their communities.
Internships are often considered to be something only for young people, but Time to Shine interns can be any age. An intern might be someone who wants to change careers, someone who’s been out of the workforce for a while, or someone who has never been employed before. Whatever their background, interns always bring with them a unique and valuable perspective to the work they’re doing.
If you think a Time to Shine intern could be a good fit for your organisation, the application process is simple. First, you’ll need to show how your organisation would benefit from having a Time to Shine intern on your team, and explain what their role would be. Time to Shine interns will work on a specific project for the 12 months that they’re with your organisation, so you’ll need to have a really focussed area of work for them in mind.
You’ll also have to think about who you’d like to be your Time to Shine intern. They could already be known to your organisation, like a current volunteer, or it could be someone you recruited locally. Don’t worry if you don’t have someone specific in mind – you can start the application process even if you haven’t decided yet who your intern will be. Just email email@example.com to get an application form.
Oct 19th E-News
- FWIN AGM & Launch of New Website
- Forthcoming Events
- FWIN Forthcoming Programmes Register of Interest
- Derry City and Strabane District Council - PEACE IV Small Grants Programme (2nd round) 2018 – 2020
- Strabane Shared Space Project
- Legacy and Dialogue Programme
- NERVE CENTRE TALK
- 'A LEAP OF FAITH' Book Launch
- Bake Bread for Peace
- Youth Work Training Opportunity for LGBTQ+ Young People Aged 18 Plus
- The Healthcare Improvement Studies Institute (THIS Institute) Workshop
- Ghosts & Legends of the Coven Theatre and Storytelling
- Project Worker x 6 – Community Crisis Intervention Service
- Autumn Walk in the Park
- Time to Shine
- ComicCity - Comics + Creative Arts Festival
- Competition to Recruit a Chair of Council for the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Empowering Young People Programme
- ‘Self Compassion and Responding to Trauma’
- The Third Space - Recruitment Opportunity
- Application Advice from Big Lottery
- Future Leaders Programme
- FREE Fundraising Clinics
- Meditation Classes