‘Self Compassion and Responding to Trauma’
WAVE Trauma Centre are holding a ‘Self compassion and responding to trauma’ course in their Derry Londonderry Centre.
This is a 1 day workshop taking place on 1 November 2018 from 10 am–4 pm at cost of £50.
This one day workshop which will explore the impact of psychological trauma on an individual’s ability to develop and maintain compassion for themselves and others.
The workshop is influenced and informed by Gilbert’s model of Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) applied within the Northern Ireland context of the Troubles. Students will be provided with an overview of the Compassion model with an emphasis on the role of shame, self-criticism and trauma symptomology.
The workshop would be of interest to those working with individuals and families who have experienced trauma and subsequent shame, self-criticism and low mood.
Please register here
- Derry City and Strabane District Council - PEACE IV Small Grants Programme (2nd round) 2018 – 2020
- Strabane Shared Space Project
- Legacy and Dialogue Programme
- The Healthcare Improvement Studies Institute (THIS Institute) Workshop
- Time to Shine
- ComicCity - Comics + Creative Arts Festival
- Empowering Young People Programme
- ‘Self Compassion and Responding to Trauma’
- Application Advice from Big Lottery
- Future Leaders Programme
- FREE Fundraising Clinics
- Meditation Classes